WHO WE ARE
We are a family who have been living in the area on and off for the last 7 years. We moved here permanently prior to purchasing Marmot Lodge in 2018. We have skied at Mt Hotham for 20+ years and absolutely love the area. We moved here for the great outdoors and saw an opportunity to build upon a great accommodation business that was perfect for individuals, families and large groups.
Harrietville is at the base of the Alpine National park. Skiing, bushwalking, mountainbiking, fishing and photography are just a few activities to do in the area.
THE LOCAL AREA
Harrietville is at the base of Mount Hotham and Mount Feathertop. We are located approximately 25 km from Bright. We are an ideal all-season holiday destination for individuals, families and groups.
In winter its proximity to Mt Hotham (30km away) and Falls Creek (75km) make it an accessible and affordable base for all kinds of snow activities. There are two pubs, an ice creamery, bakery, two cafes and there is a ski hire shop.
For the rest of the year, Harrietville is a perfect place to enjoy the great outdoors. Hikers and cyclists are drawn to the challenging mountain roads and trails in and around town. This beautiful village nestled between the the two arms of the Ovens River is also a fantastic place to simply relax.
Historically, there was a major gold rush after rich gold discoveries were made around 1852 and today you can still do the odd panning for gold.
Top things to do (sourced from visitharrietville.com.au).
1. Walk the 30 minute trail around Tronoh Dredge or for a greater challenge experience mountain majesty hiking the Bon Accord or Bungalow Spur Tracks to Mount Feathertop.
2. Cycling to Mount Hotham as part of the 7 Peaks Ride .
3. Delve into local history at the Harrietville Museum.
4. Try delicious home-made ice creams and great food at Morries Cafe.
5. Try your luck fishing in the Ovens River or at the local trout farm.
6. Tuck into afternoon tea at the Lavender Farm.
7. Let the kids loose in the fantastic local playground.
8. Pick succulent summer berries at the Harrietville Blueberry Farm.
9. Try some awesome meals and boutique beers at the Snowline Hotel or meet the new owners at the Harrietville Hotel.
Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher
Large commercial stove & microwave
2 kitchen sinks & refrigerators
Spacious kitchen with walk in pantry.
Large dining tables
Tea & coffee making facilities
Dolche Gusto Coffee pod machine
Large games room with Pool, table tennis, soccer, lounge, blackboard and fireplace
Outdoor fire pit (seasonal)
Outdoor deck with BBQ
Iron & ironing board